Tuesday, February 22, 2011

New Adventures

Attempting to capture life on the prairie from a farmgirl's perspective. Life is constantly changing on the farm just like the weather in Indiana. Currently, 26 lambs have been born this winter out of 28 ewes. We lost one brood ewe recently after giving birth to a large lamb. The snow has melted and our temperatures hover at 32 degrees. We have six ewes left to lamb and there is plenty of hay in the barn until the grass starts to grow again. The seeds have arrived for this year's garden. The planting has been plotted out. 
I'm starting on my second weaving project since I purchased a used loom in December. I've learned to warp my loom in weaving class and I'm ready to start my first Zapotec weaving since my workshop in Mexico 6 years ago. Hope I can remember all those patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment